Barbara graduated with a Bachelor of Arts, cum laude with distinction, from Boston University where she majored in International Relations; and she holds a Master of Arts with Merit in International Peace and Security from King's College London, University of London. Barbara is a graduate of Brooklyn Law School, where she served as Articles Editor of Brooklyn Law Review in her final year. During her time at the firm Barbara has provided trainings for other school attorneys and clients regarding myriad topics including special education, student residency, student and employee discipline, and records access and retention, among others. Barbara has successfully represented clients in court, labor arbitrations, employee disciplinary proceedings, and appeals to the Commissioner of Education. She continues to serve as an integral member of her team and a resource for her clients as both general and labor counsel.
Areas of Practice:
- New York State
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of New York
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, NY, J.D., 2011
- King's College London, University of London, London, England, M.A. 2005
- Boston University, Boston, MA, B.A. 2002
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- Nassau County Bar Association, Education Law Committee
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers
- New York State Bar Association
Honors and Awards:
- Brooklyn Law School: Brooklyn Law Review, Carswell Scholarship; Centennial Grant; Dean's Merit Scholarship; Academic Achievement Award.
- Boston University: Cum Laude with Distinction in International Relations; Phi Sigma Iota (National Honor Society in Foreign Languages); Golden Key National Honor Society; Barbara Argote Award in Italian; Italian Consulate General Senior Award.