Maria G. Casamassa practices in the firm's Long Island office in Farmingdale, New York. Her practice focuses on providing general and labor counsel to school districts, civil litigation, and personal injury litigation.
Ms. Casamassa is a graduate of St. John's University School of Law, where she served as Executive Publications Editor of the American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review. Her research article on discharging student loan debt was published in the St. John's Bankruptcy Research Library. While at St. John's, Ms. Casamassa participated in the Refugee and Immigrant Rights Litigation Clinic where she assisted attorneys with representing individuals before the Immigration Court. In addition, she served as a judicial intern to the Honorable A. Kathleen Tomlinson of the Eastern District of New York. During her second year of law school, Ms. Casamassa was selected to participate in the St. John's Pro Bono Service Project, where she spent time in San Antonio, Texas working for the Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services. Ms. Casamassa earned her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, cum laude, from the University of Tulsa, where she majored in Business Management/Business Law and minored in Spanish.
Areas of Practice:
- New York
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of New York
- St. John's University School of Law, Jamaica, New York, J.D., 2018
- University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma, B.S., cum laude, 2012
Honors & Awards:
- St. John's Law: Executive Publications Editor, American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review; Dean's List Graduate; Pro Bono Service Award Recipient; Dean's List Recipient for Multiple Semesters; Academic Merit Scholarship.
- University of Tulsa: Cum Laude; Dean's Honor Roll Recipient for Multiple Semesters; Lantern Honor Society.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- New York State Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association